Pediatric surgeons are trained in managing GI ( gastrointestinal ) problems in children .
Some may be managed just by adequate counseling and medical treatment.
Eg .conditions like
1. Constipation in kids
2. GER ( gastroesophageal reflux)
3. Abdominal pain evaluation
4. Anal fissures
All these cases are treated mostly by nonsurgical treatments.
The common GI surgeries a Pediatric surgeon performs are:
- Appendicectomy- laproscopic
- Intestinal obstruction
- Abdominal cysts – mesenteric, ovarain etc
- Abdominal trauma surgeries
- Meckles diverticulum
- Hepatobiliary surgeries
- Thoracic surgeries
Dr. Kshama Kulkarni
Dr. Kshama Kulkarni is a specialist Pediatric Surgeon, Pediatric Urologist and ped.laparoscopic Surgeon in Pune and has an experience of over 18 years in these fields.